In the past, we’ve highlighted some ways to give back to our community — whether it be volunteering with food banks, or donating goods to local nonprofits. But, did you know that there are ways to do good just by drinking locally?
Many of San Jose’s beverage businesses donate their proceeds to charities and work to uplift local makers + artists, so in honor of #DrinkUpWeek, we’re shouting out 7 beverage brands who give back.
These businesses put the fun in fundraising.
- Fox Tale Fermentation Project — This team has put together a general fund called “The Giving Beer” which helps social justice, environmental, and human rights advocacy groups in the Bay Area.
- Camino Brewing Co. — This brewery regularly hosts fundraising events that support its core causes: Ales for ALS, Pink Boots Society, and Brave Noise.
- Chromatic Coffee — By partnering with Recovery Cafe, part of its proceeds go towards supporting those facing addiction, homelessness, and mental health challenges.
- Voyager Craft Coffee — Along with their focus on supporting local Black-owned businesses, Voyager has also donated proceeds to the Billy DeFrank Center and, most recently, Nova Ukraine.
🤝 Community + arts
Giving the spotlight to local artists, musicians, comedians, and makers is the name of their game.
- Nirvana Soul — You’ll see new work from local artists every few weeks at both the DTSJ + Cupertino locations, as well as numerous open mic events to spotlight up-and-coming musicians and poets.
- S27 Alehouse — This alehouse hosts local comics + collaborate with small businesses like Tacotime, Gnosh Confections, and Mimi Rose Patisserie.
- Academic Coffee — As well as hosting several small business pop-ups, Academic also officially partnered with family-owned shop, Stan’s Donuts.
Know of any other local businesses who use their platform to give back to their community? Give them a shout out.