Whether you need to register to vote, inquire about residential services, or just stay in the know about civic happenings, we’re here to connect you with the right department in the City of San Jose.
“I want to adopt an animal.”
- Animal Care & Services | The Monterey Road center ‘s dogs, cats, and rabbits are looking for a furr-ever home.
“I want to explore San Jose’s art scene.”
- Cultural Affairs | Get updates on artist grants, citywide creative programs, and public art projects.
“How do I best prepare for a fire?”
- Emergency Management | Learn how to build an emergency preparedness kit + stay connected with local response teams.
“My garbage hasn’t been picked up.”
- Environmental Services | Call for waste collection, street sweeps, or recycling + water services.
“I’d like to plan a public speech in front of City Hall.”
- Event Services | This department will help you book your next corporate event, wedding ceremony, and more.
“I’d like to start a business.”
- Finance | Register your business, pay utility bills, and view city financial reports.
“What rental units are available around me?”
- Housing | View an affordable housing map, and find tenant resources + eviction help.
“Which parks are the best for ages 6-12?”
- Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhood Services | Discover local park events, volunteer opportunities, or nearby recreation centers.
“I’d like to conduct a diversity + inclusion training at my job.”
- Racial Equity | Locate community-based organizations, immigration resources, and racial equity training materials.
“What is going on with all these electric scooters around?”
- Transportation | Report flooding, learn about upcoming road work, and locate nearby transit.