There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using same-day flower delivery. (We’re eyeing those locally designed arrangements.)
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- Capitol Wholesale Nursery, 2938 Everdale Dr., San Jose
- Payless Hardware and Rockery, 2927 S. King Rd., San Jose
- Yamagami’s Garden Center, 1361 S. De Anza Blvd., Cupertino
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- EMC Seafood and Raw Bar | Mon.-Sun., 3-6 p.m. | Pair $8 glasses of house white or red with $2 oysters, sushi rolls under $9, or other seafood bites ranging from $5 to $15.
- Rootstock Wine Bar | Mon.-Fri., 3-6 p.m. | Treat yourself to wine, beer, and bites, with half-price bottles on Mondays at the Los Gatos location and on Tuesdays at the Mountain View location.
- Five Points | Mon.-Fri., 4-7 p.m. | Choose from $10 specialty cocktails like the strawberry Frozé or Cucumber Mule, and pair with $10 wings and coconut shrimp.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and find spots where nighttime observing is allowed from the San Jose Astronomical Association.