Table of Contents
Today, we’ll be feeling the heat, with temperatures reaching into the 90s — just one of many heat waves to expect in this hotter than usual summer.
But don’t sweat it. We’ve gathered several San Jose community + club pools, and local water parks so you can stay cool in the summer heat.
🏊 Community pools
Not looking to spend too much to stay cool? No problem. There are six San Jose-owned pools that will open to the public on Mon., June 13. Alviso + Bierbach Pool are managed by AnT Swim School, offering $22 classes at all levels + public swim hours starting at $3. Visit the City’s website for details about other community pools, classes, and free public swim options.
💦 Club pools
- Almaden Valley Athletic Club | 5400 Camden Ave. | $125+/month | Pool hours vary | Get physical with group aqua classes + professional coaching.
- San Jose Swim & Racquet Club | 1170 Pedro St. | Memberships vary | Sunrise to sunset, daily | Enjoy a family-friendly wading pool, heated Junior Olympic-sized pool, and spa.
- Villa Sport San Jose | 1167 N. Capitol Ave. | Memberships vary | Pool hours vary | Indoor + outdoor aquatic facilities include two 26-ft waterslides, an adults-only lap pool, water play features, and a whirlpool. Pro tip: Don’t miss their Summer Pool Party on Sat., June 18 with hula dancers, a photo booth, and cocktails (for the adults).
🌊 Water parks
- Raging Waters | 2333 South White Rd. | $39.99+ | 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily | Pro tip: Save some moolah with a Bronze Season Pass — which includes weekday admission all summer for only $54.99.
- South Bay Shores at California’s Great America | 4701 Great America Pkwy., Santa Clara | $45+ | 11 a.m.-6 p.m., days vary | Experience a negative g-force at Mission Falls — or spend a relaxing afternoon along the Rushin’ River.