More San Joseans are working remotely than ever… But whether you need some fresh air or caffeine, or your WiFi unexpectedly goes out — we’ve got you covered with 19+ places where you can find free Internet connection around San Jose. 💻
Pssst… we also have a map to locate the nearest workspace to you. 📍
powered by Proxi
📶 Cafe hotspots
Many cafes around SJ will offer free WiFi, or give you the access code if you purchase something. These include (but are not limited to):
- Caffe Bene, 181 E. Tasman Dr., Ste. 80
- Evergreen Coffee, 4075 Evergreen Village Sq., Ste. 150
- 7 Leaves Cafe, multiple locations
- Le Creme Cafe, 3005 Silver Creek Rd., Ste. 134
- Heartbeat Cafe, 14392 Union Ave.
- MoonBean’s Coffee, 6219 Santa Teresa Blvd.
- Living Room Coffee Craft, 1711 Winchester Blvd., Campbell
- Calibear Cyber Cafe, 1336 S. Mary Ave., Sunnyvale
- Big Mug Coffee Roasters, multiple locations
Downtown WiFi, outdoors only
Enjoy WiFi coverage in most of Downtown, which spans from City Hall to the SAP center, to the McEnery Convention Center. Connect via “Access SJ Downtown”.
East Side WiFi, outdoors only
The City of San Jose + East Side Union High School District have partnered to bring WiFi to select areas near the James Lick, Overfelt, Yerba Buena highschools + more. Connect via “Free Public Access East Side”.
📶 Quiet zones
San Jose Public Library branches, locations vary
Along with free 24/7 WiFi at nine locations, you can also check out a wireless hotspot to take wherever you need — as well as Chromebooks, iPads, or laptops. Connecting: For the MLK library, select “SJSU_Guest” or “KING_Library_WIFI”; other branches’ WiFi will be available at “SJPL-WiFi”
Know of any other places that may serve as a good work spot? Let us know or add a location to our Proxi map.