All you need to know about San Jose Mineta International Airport
To help make your entire process at the San Jose Mineta Airport as smooth as possible, we’ve created a guide that covers everything from gates and parking to details on the airport’s 41 nonstop flights.
Traveling via plane is fun — jet-setting over beautiful blue waters or rolling hills, taking in cloud formations, and landing in a completely different location in a matter of hours is unlike anything else. The whole navigating the airport part? Less exciting, and sometimes pretty stressful. To help make your time at the San Jose Mineta International Airport as smooth as possible, we’ve created a guide that covers everything from gates and parking to details on the airport’s 41 nonstop flights.
🔍 What to know
- TSA | According to SJC’s website, travelers should arrive two hours prior to their scheduled departure for domestic flights, and three hours prior for international flights.
- Map it out | If you’re like us and need to completely visualize a place before you step foot inside, these maps of the entire airport will be your saving grace.
- Food and drink | From local offerings at Sharks Cage Sports Bar & Grill, to innovative food stands like Yo-Kai Express, there’s plenty of options for you to grab a bite or brew before heading out.
- Reminder | By May 7, 2025, you will need a REAL ID to board commercial flights in the US.
- Flight status | While we recommend staying updated via your respective airline, you can also check the airport’s dashboard for your flight status in a pinch.
🚕 Parking, shuttles, and rideshare
Not everyone has a bestie who will drop everything to pick them up from their 3 a.m. landing. The hourly and daily lots cost $2 per 20 minutes for the first day; beyond that, the price per day is as listed:
- Economy lot | $18/day (Pro tip: You can make an online parking reservation for this lot ahead of time.)
- Hourly lot 2 | $24/day
- Hourly lot 3 | $38/day
- Daily lot 4 | $30/day
- Hourly & Daily lot 5 | $30/day
Check SJC’s parking map to see each lot’s capacity and which one is closest to your terminal.
Hate the thought of driving yourself? Try out a rideshare, taxi service, or peer-to-peer car share that will take you to and from the terminal. These services are suggested by SJC:
- Rideshares | Uber, Lyft, and Wingz | Pick-up locations can be found at Terminal A, Stop 1 or Terminal B, Stops 8 and 9.
- Taxis | American Cab, Checker Cab of Silicon Valley, Green Cab, Rainbow Cab, and Yellow Cab | Taxis can be found at Terminal A, Stop 2 and Terminal B, Stop 1.
- Peer-to-peer car share | Turo | Pick up your car north of the Rental Car Center lobby, or in Economy Lot 1 or Hourly Lot 2; contact your car host for more specific information on pickup.
🛫 Nonstop flights
SJC offers 41 nonstop flights — 33 domestic, plus 8 international flights to three countries. Here are five nonstop flights to nearby locations.
Pro tip: Remember that flight times and schedules will often change — you should rely on your respective airline for exact timing and to stay updated on any changes.
- San Diego, CA | Alaska Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and Spirit Airlines
- Las Vegas, NV | Southwest Airlines
- Portland, OR | Alaska Airlines, Southwest Airlines
- Seattle, WA | Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and Southwest Airlines
- Honolulu, HI | Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, and Southwest Airlines
🍔 Food and drink
SJC is a hub of eateries with dozens of restaurants, bars, and coffee shops for fliers to dine before or between flights, like:
- Yo-Kai Express | Terminal B near Gate 33 | Menu highlights: An autonomous restaurant serving udon, ramen, and pho
- San Jose Beer Union | Terminal A across from Gate 7 | Menu highlights: Casual American fare with craft brews, and vegan and vegetarian options
- Una Mas Mexican Grill | Terminal B near Gate 22 | Menu highlights: Fresh and healthy tacos, burritos, salads, and quesadillas
- Sharks Cage Sports Bar & Grill | Terminal B near Gate 19 | Menu highlights: Cold beers, specialty cocktails, sandwiches, burritos, and grab-and-go options
- Trader Vic’s Outpost | Terminal B near Gate 22 | Menu highlights: Fusion dishes with an evolving menu of Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and Asian cuisine.