Table of Contents
Plants are pretty cool, and turns out, they can make a lot of different dishes — like a vegan burger that tastes just like the meat version, or a superfood salad with so many colors it’s like eating a rainbow. 🌈
So, the next time your body is craving something healthy + wholesome (or greasy but plant-based), check back to this list of local restaurants with vegan, vegetarian, and plant-based offerings.
🥬 North San Jose + Berryessa
- Happiness Cafe | 📍1688 Hostetter Rd., Ste. C | Menu
- A2B Indian | 📍55 River Oaks Pl., Ste. 90 | Menu
Try this: The mini podi idli (popular South Indian side made with lentils + chilies)
- Gardenbird | 📍1088 E. Brokaw Rd., Ste. 10 | Menu
- De La Tierra Vegan Food | 📍326 Commercial St. | Menu
Pro tip: In addition to pick-up service, this eatery also has several food truck pop-ups at local events which you can follow from its Instagram.
- Good Karma Artisan Ales & Café | 📍37 S. First St. | Menu
- Vegetarian House | 📍520 E. Santa Clara St. | Menu
- The Sexxy Mexxy | 📍949 Ruff Dr. | Menu
Try this: The vegan potato patty sliders with housemade chutney.
- Blue Mango | 📍635 Coleman Ave. | Menu
Try this: Its menu offers a whole section with vegetarian sushi (which can be made vegan).
- The Vegan Lasagna Garden | 📍17 S. Fourth St. (inside Kronas) | Menu
- Pizza Flora | 📍78 S. First St. | Menu
🥦 East San Jose
- Green Lotus | 📍1143 Story Rd., Ste. 180 | Menu
- Dong Phuong Tofu | 📍2359 McKee Rd. | Menu
- DiLac Vegetarian Cuisine | 📍2850 Quimby Rd., Ste. 125 | Menu
Try this: The Lotus salad with vegan pineapple dressing.
- Golden Bamboo Vegetarian House | 📍3245 S. White Rd. | Menu
Try this: The lotus root tempura and salt + pepper oyster mushrooms.
- Hoa Dang | 📍3005 Silver Creek Rd., Ste. 136 | Menu
🍅 West San Jose + Willow Glen
- Veggie Grill | 📍3055 Olin Ave. | Menu
- What The Falafel | 📍991 Saratoga Ave., Ste. 110 | Menu
Pro tip: Order ahead on their website for a quick pick-up + expect a slightly longer wait for a walk-in.
- Walia Ethiopian Cuisine | 📍2208 Business Cir. | Menu
Try this: Their vegetarian rolls, made with the restaurant’s popular injera (a slightly spongy flatbread).
🌽 South San Jose
- The Happy Hooligans | 📍1711 Branham Ln., Ste. A9 | Menu
- Loving Hut | 📍925 Blossom Hill Rd., Ste. 1746 | Menu
- Bossman’s Pizza | 📍418 W. Capitol Expy. | Menu
🥒 Beyond San Jose
- Vegan Cutie Pot | 📍5130 Cherry Ave., Ste. 30, Saratoga | Menu
- Merit Vegan Restaurant | 📍548 Lawrence Expy., Ste. 2, Sunnyvale | Menu
- Saravanaa Bhavan | 📍1305 S. Mary Ave., Sunnyvale | Menu