We can all agree that the South Bay boasts delicious food from a wide range of eateries — made by even more excellent chefs, bakers, and baristas. In this new series, we will be sharing recipes from local establishments that will get you cookin’ like the pros. 🍴
Our first featured recipe comes from Jiaren Cafe (1171 Homestead Rd., Ste. 140B, Santa Clara), and here is what founder Jaden Zhao had to say about it:
“For this season’s top pick, we are introducing the Tiramisu Dessert Coffee! The sweetness and milk choice is completely customizable up to your sweet tooth — and if you’re craving sweets in the nighttime, nothing will stop you from having this drink, we have it in decaf.”
- Double shot espresso
- Mascarpone cheese
- Heavy cream
- Egg yolk
- Milk of your choice
- Cane sugar
- Tiramisu concentrate
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa powder
- Make the tiramisu cheese first by mixing mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, egg yolk, tiramisu concentrate, and sugar together. Beat the mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Mix espresso shots, sugar, and milk in cup as the base.
- Scoop the tiramisu cheese on top of the coffee.
- Decorate the drink with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top of the tiramisu cheese and whipped cream.
Want more guidance from some skilled baristas? You’re in luck. Sign up for one of Jiaren Cafe’s upcoming latte art classes in a group or private setting — tickets start at $70.
Do you have a seasonal recipe you’d like us to spotlight? Send it in.