Ready for sweater weather, San Jose? From pumpkin patches and corn mazes to apple picking and German beer celebrations, fall is where the great 408 nickname thrives.
Get ready to come alive — or play dead at a fall-tastic haunted house like Bernal Scream — with this guide featuring 50+ fall events happening between now and November.
🎃 Pumpkin up
- Spina Farms Pumpkin Patch | Open through Tuesday, Oct. 31 | Laguna Avenue + Santa Teresa Boulevard | In addition to the ghoulish gourds, check out the corn maze, hayride, and train attractions.
- Moreland Pumpkin Patch | Open through Tuesday, Oct. 31 | Moreland Woods, 4835 Doyle Rd. | This patch is a volunteer fundraiser for the Moreland Education Foundation.
- ABC Tree Farms | Open through Tuesday, Oct. 31 | Five San Jose locations | Busy month? This business also offers pumpkin pick-up + delivery.
🛍️ Seasonal shopping
- October Treats with Crafts & Eats | Saturday, Oct. 14 | 2-8 p.m. | Rumble City Boxing, 866 Park Ave. | Shop from several local vendors + enjoy scarily good treats.
- Lost in the Shadows | Sunday, Oct. 15 | 2-8:30 p.m. | Backesto Park, 675 E. Empire St. | This Lost Boys-themed market will present tons of makers selling seasonal goods.
- Courtyard of Horror | Saturday, Oct. 28 | Time TBA | Camino Brewing Co., 718 S. First St. | San Jose Simpsons teams up with the local brewery to bring you local vendors, art, and a costume contest.
🍸 Beware: Adults only
- Oktoberfest celebrations | Date + times vary | Locations vary | Exchange your PSL for a sampling of locally-brewed beers.
- Nightmare on 2nd Street | Wednesday, Oct. 11-Tuesday, Oct. 31 | Miniboss, 52 E. Santa Clara St. | Enjoy the bar’s debut of nightmarish cocktails for spooky season.
- Halloween Dance Party | Friday, Oct. 27 | 8 p.m | The Ritz, 400 S. First St. | DJ Basura and Bit will spin new wave, synth pop, indie, and disco hits all night long — plus, there’s a costume contest with cash prizes.
- Slash and Sip | Friday, Oct. 27 | 8-10 p.m. | San Pedro Square Market, 87 N. San Pedro St. | This adults-only pumpkin carving party includes cocktails, wine, and beer.
- Halloween Party | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | Tostadas, 1699 W. San Carlos St. | Get ready for a costume contest with big prizes + tunes spinnin’ all night long.
- Go Go Gone Show: Halloween Edition | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 8:30 p.m. | Mama Kin, 374 S. First St. | This eerie edition of the show presents a talent competition, costume contest, and tasty treats.
- Halloween Dreamhouse | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 9 p.m. | SP2 Communal Bar + Restaurant, 72 N. Almaden Ave. | Dance to music from DJ The Les + Brian V as SP2 turns into a pink dreamhouse.
🍂 Fall fun for all
- Tricks and Treats | Open now-Saturday, Oct. 28 | California’s Great America, 4701 Great America Pkwy. | Family-friendly attractions with sweets, live entertainment + slimy surprises.
- 7th Annual Fall Festival | Saturday, Oct. 7 | 9 a.m.-2 p.m. | Martial Cottle Park, 5283 Snell Ave. | Celebrate the county’s agricultural history with local art vendors, workshops, animals, and historic autos.
- Feast Mode | Friday, Oct. 13 | 4-10 p.m. | 200 Park, 200 Park Ave. | Live music, food trucks, and pumpkins will be available at this family-friendly fair.
- Pumpkin Painting Party | Saturday, Oct. 14 | 10-11 a.m. | Willow Glen Community Center, 2175 Lincoln Ave. | Gather a group to make some gorgeous gourds.
- Pumpkins in the Park | Saturday, Oct. 14 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Discovery Meadow, 180 Woz Way | Gather for cultural performances, a costume parade, trail tours, and more.
- Annual Harvest Festival | Saturday, Oct. 14 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Almaden Community Center, 6445 Camden Ave. | Enjoy all things autumn at this community fair with vendors, food, and music.
- Sly, Slick & Wicked Opening Night | Saturday, Oct. 14 | 4-8:30 p.m. | 1Culture Gallery, 136/144 E. Santa Clara St. | Browse this group art show of 20+ artists — costumes are encouraged.
- Eerie Elegance Halloween | Thursday, Oct. 19-Sunday, Oct. 22 + Thursday, Oct. 26-Tuesday, Oct. 31 | Halloween Town, 1194 Magnolia Ave. | Celebrate “The Nightmare Before Christmas’” 30th anniversary at this decked-out house.
- Trunk or Treat & Indoor Movie Night | Friday, Oct. 20 | 5:30-8 p.m. | Camden Community Center, 3369 Union Ave. | Grab some treats and take a seat for a feature film.
- Free Family Movie Night | Friday, Oct. 20 | 5:30 p.m. | Willow Glen Elementary School Baseball Field, 1425 Lincoln Ave. | Grab some free cotton candy + popcorn and enjoy showings of “Hocus Pocus” and “Ghostbusters.”
- Spooky Disco Skate Night | Friday, Oct. 20 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Roosevelt Community Center, 901 E. Santa Clara St. | Roll up to this community skate to your favorite Halloween tunes.
- Trunk or Treat | Saturday, Oct. 21 | 3-8 p.m. | 655 Wool Creek Dr. | 408 Ryders invites kids to enjoy a costume contest, activities, music, and raffles.
- Día San José Festival | Saturday, Oct. 21 | 11 a.m.-7 p.m. | Plaza de Cesar Chavez, 1 Paseo de San Antonio | South Bay’s largest Día de Los Muertos festival returns with luchador battles, cultural art, delicious food vendors, and more.
- Southside’s Boo Bash | Saturday, Oct. 21 | 5:30-8 p.m. | Southside Community Center, 5585 Cottle Rd. | Gather for a scary fun time with spooky activities for the kiddos.
- Bat Fest | Sat., Oct. 22 | 4-9 p.m. | Rancho Cañada del Oro Open Space Preserve, 4289 Casa Loma Rd., Morgan Hill | Interact with bats + owls while enjoying live music, pumpkins, games, and more.
- Halloween Movie Night | Tuesday, Oct. 24 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Mayfair Community Center, 2039 Kammerer Ave. | Catch a haunting holiday favorite on the big screen.
- Spooktacular Night | Friday, Oct. 27 | 4-10 p.m. | Almaden Lake Park, 6099 Winfield Blvd. | Get ready for bewitching activities, tons of candy, and more.
- Spooky Egg Hunt | Friday, Oct. 27 | 5-7 p.m. | Willow Glen Community Center, 2175 Lincoln Ave. | This is what happens when two holidays collide...
- Bascom Boo Bash | Friday, Oct. 27 | 5-7:30 p.m. | Bascom Community Center, 1000 S. Bascom Ave. | Join your neighbors at this festive holiday party.
- Trunk or Treat | Friday, Oct. 27 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Seven Trees Community Center, 3590 Cas Dr. | Grab a treat + view some cool, classic cars.
- Spooktacular Halloween | Friday, Oct. 27 | 6-8:30 p.m. | Berryessa Community Center, 3050 Berryessa Rd. | Come in costume to this monster mash — that’ll be a graveyard smash.
- 31 Skulls | Friday, Oct. 27 | 6-10 p.m. | San José Womans Club, 75 S. 11th St. | Local Color presents its fourth annual showcase + auction that displays local artists’ painted skulls.
- Halloween Outdoor Movie Night | Friday, Oct. 27 | 7 p.m. | Welch Park Community Center, Clarice + Kenesta | Watch a spooky movie under the stars.
- Children’s Halloween Haunt | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 2-6:30 p.m. | History Park, 635 Phelan Ave. | Singing pumpkin patches, old timey ice cream, stable surprises, and projected ghouls await.
- Día de los Muertos | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. + 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. | Children’s Discovery Museum, 180 Woz Way | Learn about the traditions of the holiday, create sand paintings, and enjoy larger-than-life skeleton puppets from Teatro Familia Aztlán.
- 2nd Annual Micailhuitl | Saturday, Oct. 28 | Sunrise to sunset | Sunrise Middle School, 1149 E. Julian St. | This Dia de Los Muertos celebration will include ofrendas, cultural performances, and workshops.
- Barks N’ Brews | Sunday, Oct. 29 | 2-5 p.m. | Ganado Feed, 945 Lincoln Ave. | Benefit rescue dogs with Adopt My Block with Hapa’s Brewing eats, Día de Los Muertos themed pet portraits, and vendors.
- Trunk or Treat | Sunday, Oct. 29 | 4-7 p.m. | 749 Story Rd. | Join the lowrider community in creating a fun Halloween experience for kids.
- Trunk or Treat Show and Shine | Sunday, Oct. 29 | Time TBA | Levis Stadium, 4900 Marie P. DeBartolo Way, Santa Clara, Green lot 1, Pole 24-25 | Join La Onda Reyes Del Imperio + San Francisco Faithful for family-friendly trick-or-treating.
- Albertson Halloween House | Open Monday, Oct. 30-Tuesday, Oct. 31 | 479 N. 16th St. | This local fave will be decked out in Monty Python and the Holy Grail decorations and characters, with community painting days on Saturday, Oct. 7 + 21.
- Trick or Treat On the Hallowmeda | Tuesday, Oct. 31 | Times vary | The Alameda, Magnolia Avenue to Rhodes Court | Start the day with Halloween storytime, then trick or treat at local businesses in the afternoon.
- Trick or Treat | Tuesday, Oct. 31 | 5-7 p.m. | Emma Prusch Farm Park, 647 S. King Rd. | Come out to play on Halloween day.
- Día de Muertos | Wednesday, Nov. 1 | Time TBA | Camino Brewing Co., 718 S. First St. | Hang out in the brewery’s courtyard + enjoy art, music, vendors, food, and of course, beer.
👻 Ghouls and goblins, this way
Be warned, these attractions + events are geared to adults — and the less timid.
- Unhinged: Housewarming | Open through Tuesday, Oct 31, select nights | Winchester Mystery House, 525 S. Winchester Blvd. | There’s more than meets the eye at the mansion’s scariest + most-popular haunt.
- Dead Time Dreams | Open through Tuesday, Oct. 31, select nights | Eastridge Mall, 2300 Eastridge Loop, next to Wells Fargo Bank | Walk through the open-air, immersive attraction, “NIGHTMARES,” and explore the “Midway of Terror.”
- The Bernal Scream | Open through Tuesday, Oct. 31, select nights | Sunrize Plaza, 620 Blossom Hill Rd. | Fear “Lucifer’s Wrath” in this haunted attraction that returns after a seven-year hiatus.
- Grimm’s Hollow Maze of Madness | Friday, Oct. 13-Tuesday, Oct. 31, select nights | 4835 Doyle Rd. | This haunted maze offers a family-friendly option and an after-hours maze that is part choose-your-own-adventure/part escape room.
- Rebel Yell Haunted House | Saturday, Oct. 21-Tuesday, Oct. 31, select nights | 1577 Rebel Way | Featured as one of America’s Scariest Home Haunts on FEARnet, be prepared to encounter jumping corpses, zombies, and ghosts.
- Halloween in the Neighborhood | Tuesday, Oct. 31 + Wednesday Nov. 1 | 4:30-10:30 p.m. | 1441 Church Dr. | This community-built haunted house has offered free walkthroughs for over a decade — there’s a no scare, family-friendly period from 4:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Fear Overload Scream Park | Open through Sunday, Nov. 5, select nights | Newpark Mall, 2086 Newpark Mall, Newark | Enter the “House of Phobia: Rise of Monsters” and the “Happy Days Asylum” — if you dare.
Don’t see your seasonal event on this list? Let us know and we’ll add it.