Break out the BBQ grill + American flags — it’s almost the Fourth of July. For many of us, the holiday’s highlights include patriotic displays of fireworks, parades + other festivities. Because San Jose has very clear firework restrictions, it doesn’t hurt to start planning your Independence Day celebration early. 🇺🇲
🎆 Blast off
If your ideal Fourth is about the rocket’s red glare — don’t worry, there are plenty of local opportunities to safely see the sky lit up with red, white, and blue.
- Excite Ballpark | Fri., July 1-Sun., July 3 | 6:30 p.m. | Sweet Caroline… bah, bah, bah… Cheer on the San Jose Giants against the Modesto Nuts — followed by post-game fireworks.
- Almaden Lake Regional Park | Mon., July 4 | 3-10:30 p.m. | Enjoy a family-friendly day of activities with food trucks, live music, and a costume contest. No pets or vehicles will be allowed in the park.
- Discovery Meadow Park | Mon., July 4 | 9:30 p.m. | This Downtown show kicks off with San Jose Jazz performing at 7 p.m. — arrive early to stake your claim on a good spot.
- Great America | Mon., July 4 | 9:45 p.m. | After a day of roller coasters, water slides, and an all-you-can-eat Backyard Cookout, head to the Flight Deck plaza or Redwood Amphitheater to catch the display.
🌭 Kick back
If you’re looking for a less-explosive way to celebrate, here are some local non-firework celebrations that’ll have you seeing stars (and stripes).
- Rose, White & Blue Parade and Festival | Mon., July 4 | 9:45 a.m.-3 p.m. | Wave at passing community groups, cruising cars, and more while checking out food trucks, local artists, and vendors.
- All City Picnic | Mon., July 4 | 12-5 p.m. | Pop over to Santa Clara for a day of carnival games, swimming, and food + entertainment.