This year, we sent out 200+ newsletters and grew our social media following by 40,000+ followers with the goal of keeping our community informed, activated, and engaged.
So, before we celebrate the beginning of a new year, we wanted to look back at the top SJtoday stories and social media highlights from 2023 + give a huge thank you to our readers and members of the community who made this year so spectacular.
🗞️ Top stories
- Fall + Halloween events | You were ready to get into the autumnal spirit.
- Local pizza spots | I mean, who doesn’t want a pizza advice on where to go for a slice?
- 20+ date nights ideas | Not just watching another Netflix series? You’re welcome.
- Winter + holiday events | We hope you’re having all the fun this holiday season.
- Local coffee shops | Having this little guide handy will make sure you never run out of fuel.
📱 Top social media posts
- Navigating the 101-880 interchange | 27,273 likes
- Small gifts to buy a friend | 21,131 likes
- Prettiest trees at Christmas in the Park | 11,489 likes
- Fall + Halloween events | 10,476 likes
- Getting that lick of Orange Sauce | 8,508 likes
✍️ Editor’s picks
City Editor Alyson: The love story between DJ duo SOULMAT3S was one of my favorites because I continue to have such a great relationship with a pair of awesome human beings. There’s also nothing I love more than digging into our city’s expansive history + adding to our decades series.
City Editor Gregg: The biggest highlight of the year for me has got to be learning about low rider culture. Find me in all of the nostalgic places — from the truly bizarre Fry’s Electronics origins to the history of the Tully Road Chuck E. Cheese.
And that’s a wrap on 2023. Happy New Year, San Jose!