Table of Contents
235 newsletters. 271 Instagram posts. One fantastic year.
Since sending out our first newsletter exactly one year ago, we’ve had so much fun getting to know our city better and sharing the stories of our great 408 with you all. Let’s take a look back at SJtoday’s first trip around the sun. 💫
❤️ Your favorites
The numbers don’t lie, these were our top-clicked stories that you loved.
- 8 unique cafes | San Jose sure has some great gems for a cup of joe.
- Restaurants open late | We’re happy our guide comes in handy for the midnight munchies.
- Alum Rock Park’s historic mineral springs | Who would’ve thought that our 100-year-old park once served as a health haven?
💬 Stories (by you)
We love hearing from our readers. So, give yourself a pat on the back, because these stories couldn’t have been written without you.
- SJ things we’re thankful for | So much gratitude was displayed here, it warms our hearts.
- Ultimate SJ bucket list | These San Jose staples will surely keep a newcomer occupied.
🕰️ Throwin’ it back
One of our favorite parts of our job is diving into our city’s past — there’s just so much to uncover.
- San Jose’s historic landmarks | It’s great to see pieces of our city’s history still standing.
- Ashworth-Remillard House | One of our favorite parts of this story? Hearing the alleged ghost tales.
📲 Our fav media moments
Everything we do is for all of you, but also... we do it for the gram.
- Downtown’s newest gallery | Shoutout to owner Andrew Espino for inviting us to 1Culture’s first show.
- Eataly Sillicon Valley opening | A pasta-cutting? Say less.
- San Jose Dons Motorcycle Club | It was a great ride back in time to see how this 90-year-old club stays active.